Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Glamour Fan Blew Me Away . . .

After working out today I decided to get my usual at Starbucks, a double shot of expresso. Usually I prefer to get a Tall double- soy latté but on days that you work-out you must refrain from any fat, and soy milk has a little fat. Fat supposedly slows down protein absorption, but so does blogging apparently since I am now ignoring my protein shake to write this blog lol. "Gulp" problem solved. Ok back to meaningful reality. I mixed a pinch of cinnamon and a little sugar in my double shot and proceeded to exit the café. I approached the door with an intense warm rush from the expresso & cinnamon, it's a tasty mix, and the moment I open the door a HUGE gust of wind came plundering over me, it lifted my hood over my face and it politely alleviated me of my favorite hat and carried it away to the street. All of the outside chairs and tables were thrown about. I continued to wrestle with the wind all while clutching my hot expresso and kneeling down to recover my hat. It was the most exhilarating experience I've had in a long time! I cracked a grin as I biked away. I attempted to take a sip of my expresso and I got a repeat dosage of exhilarating wind, it jerked my bike and caused me to spill expresso all over my hand. I licked it off and continued to bike home. Behind me I heard an angry Starbucks barista yelling at the group of teens hanging around outside the pile of thrashed about tables & chairs . . . how funny, this time they were innocent.

Do you ever feel like nature is reaching out to you to tell you something? Sometimes I feel that way, as crazy as it sounds. Or, maybe I'm just using the wind as a metaphor for what I've been feeling all along. I've decided that the wind today was my "Glamour Fan", kind of like the ones you see on photo shoots lol. I love when little things have such a profound effect, it's pretty rare. The way the wind opened the door, took control over me, and tugged me out, WOW it sends chills through my spine thinking of it! I feel it was a wake up call. I feel like I've been given this incredible bolt of energy and challenged to do something great today with it. I'm up for the challenge!

Today is my day, I'm off from work . . . I've worked out and I can really see results, and now I have to finish my new paintings that I am very excited about.

Ciao X

No comments:

Post a Comment