Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Novelty

I am an Artist severely distracted by this dreamed up place I've yet to reach in the real world. It's a place that many can ONLY dream of, and sure . . . fame, wealth, power & (added) beauty are apart of this dream place but so are more abstract things like creative freedom in all art forms and media, creative authority over the world, reigning taste, infinite creative novelty . . . something that can make or break your career's longevity. Novelty's shadow is cast upon everything I create these days . . . Like today for instance, I've skipped school twice now because I just realized that the 2X4 feet canvas that I am working on has sunken to mediocrity in the midst of the many corrections and revisions I have made to the original idea. I even wonder if the original idea was ever that great?

So what does 0ne do "Win he mind iz too cr8-z 40r he lev-L ov cre8div fr-E-dom?"

Currently I lack the proper tools, resources, techniques, to execute the complex ideas I have, therefore their very existence is arguable. There isn't a particular way artists think or behave. We are all very unique, and this is why art is such a commodity. We rival with one another not to out paint or draw one another but to express are ideas as effectively as we can with as little discrepancy from the original thought to the executed piece. I can't tell you how many times I have experienced great art in my own mind, that's where art really lives and breathes . . . The physical manifestation of art is merely the bridge between the artists mind and the viewer's mind. Art is first an experience in your mind, then it becomes executed in the physical world we all live in, and finally it returns to it's original state as a cognitive experience in the viewer's mind. As artists, we try to re-live the experience by making it tangible and bringing it to life. And that would be the measure of an artist, his creative power . . . the ability to accurately re-create at least a fraction of the magic that occurs in his mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment